Pages

Sunday 26 January 2014

#4: Goats cheese, peppers, spring onion & rocket salad

The motivation behind the 52 dishes challenge was to force me to be more creative in the kitchen. It's been fairly successful on some occasions so far, but sometimes that's not really an option. This past week has been a busy one, and I've barely been in the house. On top of that, it's been rather warm, and I've learnt my lesson about trying to cook up a storm in the kitchen when it's nearly 40 degrees outside.

I'd planned to make a couple of small quiches for lunch, but then the thought of turning on the oven was more than I was happy with. I took the same ingredients and just threw them on top of some spinach instead, which was just as satisfying in the heat!


 photo 4_salad.jpg


Serves 2
5 mins preparation.


Big handful spinach
1 yellow pepper
3-4 spring onions
75g goats cheese


Chop veg, crumble cheese and pile it all up. I top it off with black pepper and drizzle a tiny bit of siracha sauce on the side for a kick, although this is actually tasty enough without.

One seriously lazy lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment